100% Butyl Cellosolve- Boosts Wood Strippers to remove water based stains and paints. Our go to Booster for those tough jobs with water based coatings that a regular stripper won't remove.
A PERFECT BOOSTER FOR:
Wood Strippers when removing water based stains like Behr, Olympic or Superdeck
- Add Butyl Boost to your already made wood stripper. Use up to 10% Butyl Boost in your stripper or 1/2 gallon Butyl Booster per five gallon stripper mix.
- Strippers must be kept wet or they will not work, a light mist every few minutes will do.
- Test on a small, inconspicuous area of the wood to ensure proper wood care.
- Always wet plants, shrubs, and other surrounding vegetation before and after use.
- Always brighten the wood after using a wood stripper using Stain & Seal Wood Brightener
Extreme caution should be taken when using strippers. They will burn skin, remove paint from houses, and kill plants, grass and pets.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Exposure to Butyl Cellosolve could cause irritation to the eyes, skin, or lungs. If contact occurs, rinse immediately with water for 15 minutes. If irritation continues, seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not ingest.
- Always wear personal protective equipment when using this product.
- DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER CHEMICALS.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not ingest. avoid contact with face, eyes, mouth, nose, and skin. Avoid breathing mist. close container tightly after every use.do not re-use containers. Danger: Causes eye, skin, and mucous membrane burns. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Vapor harmful. Wear chemical resistant gloves, boots, goggles, and protective clothing. Wear a NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator and face shield while applying or removing, especially if vapors or mist is generated. Change clothing and wash thoroughly when finished. Avoid contact with bare metal surfaces. Project surfaces are extremely slippery to walk on. DO NOT store in aluminum containers.
COMBUSTIBLE: Keep away from heat, sparks open flames, or hot surfaces. DO NOT drink, or smoke when using this product.
IF INHALED: Move to an area with fresh air. In case of breathing difficulties administer oxygen and seek medical attention immediately.
IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth with water, if person is conscious. DO NOT induce vomiting unless directed by medical personnel. Call Poison Control Center or doctor.
IF ON SKIN: Rinse using water. Remove contaminated clothing. Wash skin thoroughly with mild soap and water. If skin irritation persists, seek medical attention.
IF IN EYES: Flush eyes thoroughly with water for at least15 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Seek medical attention immediately. For additional information on this product, consult the EXPERT Clean & Bright product data sheet, or safety data sheet.
REAL QUALITY. Limited Warranty.
warranty TERMS: EXPERT Clean & Bright guarantees the contents of this container to
EXPERT Professional Wood Care,1483 N Mt. Juliet Rd., Suite # 135, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
©2022 Expert®™ Stain & Seal is a registered trademark of EXPERT®™ Professional Wood Care. All rights reserved.
REAL APPLICATION. Easy-to-Use & Clean-Up.
Read all application instructions prior to using EXPERT®™ Clean & Bright Stripper Booster.
- Always wear heavy-duty rubber gloves when working with EXPERT Clean & Bright Stripper Booster, or other EXPERT Clean & Bright products.
- Mix one part Stripper Booster with 3 parts Wood Stripper solution (already mixed).
- Use a pump sprayer or car wash brush to apply wood stripper product.
- Lightly dampen, without over-saturating) surfaces to be stripped to avoid excessive grain-rise.
- Apply a generous, uniform coat of stripper product using a car wash brush or pump sprayer. On vertical surfaces, apply product from the bottom up to avoid streaking. Avoid application in direct sunlight.
- Allow time for EXPERT Clean & Bright Wood Stripper and Stripper Booster mix to dissolve coating for 10 to 30 minutes. Mist with water if drying occurs. Test readiness by scrubbing a small area.
- When finish begins to lift from wood surface, agitate if necessary, using a stiff bristled brush in the same direction of wood grain.
- Use a garden hose at highest pressure, or a pressure washer with 1500-2500 psi to clean surface. Using a pressure washer will eliminate the need for scrubbing. Always clean or scrub in the direction of wood grain.
- If stubborn areas remain, repeat the application in those areas.
- To neutralize and brighten wood, use EXPERT Clean & Bright’s STEP 3 Wood Brightener immediately, while wood is still wet. Let Wood Brightener sit for 5 to 15 minutes. Any Stripper not neutralized, or thoroughly rinsed will cause poor stain adhesion.
- After EXPERT’s Wood Brightener is applied, rinse all wood surfaces for 20 to 30 minutes.
IMPORTANT: Make sure all soap suds are full rinsed off to avoid any reaction during the wood staining process.
- Allow wood surface to dry 2 to 4 hours (or longer) before applying EXPERT Stain & Seal wood stains.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
I mix it with my sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide to boost the concrete cleaner.
I used this with another product and they worked hand in hand. Had great results. I wouldn’t use it no other way.